Monday, September 3, 2007

Simple Pleasures

I love finding joy in the little things in life. I don’t see them everyday. But after a long weekend with no work and nothing but free time, they were aplenty. Tonight they seem especially bountiful. Here are just a few of those observations.

- Waking to smell of coffee brewing
- The smell of freshly folded laundry
- The rolling rumble of boiling water and the hiss of olive oil hitting a hot pan
- Watching the fading light and the shadows appear
- The sound of a cork being released from it’s hold in a really good bottle of red
- The ring of good crystal
- Watching a French movie and all the subtle ways they say “Oui”
- The windows open and the soft sound of the wind, the occasional bark of a dog and snippets of conversation
- Ripe strawberries and their sweetness on your lips and tongue
- Hearing yourself sigh and realizing it’s full of nothing but satisfaction and contentment

Tell me, what little thing gave you pleasure today?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finishing a piece of work. There's nothing quite like finishing a hard piece of work. But work isn't for everyone...

Anonymous said...

I found a way to shut out all the chaotic voices in my head, all the pain and disjointed ideas and longing, and write a few sentences of truth about myself, my world and my direction.

Christina_the_wench said...

Watching my teen daughters actually be sweet to each other instead of fighting like two cats in a bag.

Anonymous said...

Watering my plants and watching the water slowly goes into the black, rich soil, and imaging the plants happily sipping with a loud noise. :)

Anonymous said...

* The smell of my wife's hair when I sleep next to her.

* The after orgasm bliss.

* Finishing a book and upon closing the cover, just sitting there feeling I was part of something wonderful.

* Being thankful I wasn't born a dictator of some country because I know I would be mad with power and execute alot of people.

* Finding a spot where something important happened and standing there knowing only time seprates me from it.