Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Friendship

In my close circle of friends, my role is of the rock. They look to me for advice, leadership and more importantly, unconditional love and support. I’m the constant in their worlds of drama, insecurities and tears. I give good hugs, have strong shoulders and sound advice. I’ve really just been the lucky one of us all with good parents who provided the opportunities, discipline and love all children need growing up. I think this is really the only difference among us all and why they seek approval and unconditional love as they never really got it when they were children.

However, my strength does wan. I tire of being the one who always has to be responsible and disciplined enough to always follow the right path. Who do I lean on? I don’t want to turn to them for I’m afraid if they see their rock has cracks they will lose their ever present hand hold and, when in need again, question their ability to turn to me. What am I to do?

No comments: